Quotable Quotes: (Taken from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
- “Yes. Yes, it was quite enjoyable, you know. You’re Harry Potter.”
- “And I don’t know who you are.”
- “Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.”
- “She didn’t enjoy it very much. She doesn’t think you treated her very well, because you wouldn’t dance with her. I don’t think I’d have have minded. I don’t like dancing very much.”
- “I believe He Who Must Not Be Named is back and I believe you fought him and escaped from him.”
- “You can laugh but people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkcack!”
- “They’re spirits of fire, great tall flaming creatures that gallop across the ground burning everything in front of – “
- “I mean, the number of goblins Fudge has had assassinated! And ofcourse he uses the Department of Mysteries to develop terrible poisons, which he secretly feeds to anybody who disagrees with him. And then there’s his Umgubular Slashkilter – “
- “You’re being rather rude, you know?”
- “I think they think I’m a bit odd, you know. Some people call me ‘Loony’ Lovegood, actually.”
- “I’ve been able to see them ever since my first year here. They’ve always pulled the carriages. Don’t worry. You’re just as sane as I am.”
- Peeves – “Potty asked Loony to go to the party! Potty lurves Loony! Potty luuuuurves Loooooony!”
From Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- “She’s a bit upset. I thought at first it was Moaning Myrtle in there, but it turned out to be Hermione. She said something about that Ron Weasley…”
- “He says very funny things sometimes, doesn’t he? But he can be a bit unkind, I noticed that last year.”
- “Oh, it’s been all right. A bit lonely without the DA. Ginny’s been nice, though. She stopped two boys in our Transfiguration class calling me ‘Loony’ the other day-“
- “Oh, no, I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine too?”
- “Yes, he’s a vampire, Father wrote a very long article about it when Scrimgeour first took over from Cornelius Fudge, but he was forced not to publish by somebody from the Ministry. Obviously, they didn’t want the truth to get out!”
- “I don’t think you should be an Auror, Harry. The Aurors are a part of the Rotfang Conspiracy. I thought everyone knew that. They’re working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease.”
From Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “Daddy, look – one of the gnomes actually bit me!”
- “Ron can laugh,” said Luna serenly, “but my father has done a lot of research on Gernumbli magic.”
- “You look smart. I told Daddy most people wear dress robes, but he believes you ought to wear sun colours to a wedding, for luck, you know.”
- “I like this song,” said Luna, swaying in time to the waltz-like tune.
- “Yes, it’s me! Oh no, I didn’t want you to get caught!”
- “Oh yes, I expect so … there’s an old nail we use if we need to break anything … just a moment … “
- “Harry, we want to help you!” Luna whispered.
- “There,” she said softly, “Now he could be sleeping.”
- “I think we ought to say something,” piped up Luna. “I’ll go first, shall I?”
- “Thank you so much, Dobby, for rescuing me from that cellar. It’s so unfair that you had to die, when you were so good and brave. I’ll always remember what you did for us. I hope you’re happy now.”
- “Daddy’s made me a tiara,” piped up Luna, “Well, more of a crown, really.”
- “Yes, Daddy’s Wrackspurt siphons – “
- “No, I see what you mean,” she said seriously. “Well then, I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.”
- “I’ve never Stunned anyone except in our DA classes,” said Luna, sounding mildy interested.
- “Oh, are we allowed to say the name now?” asked Luna with an air of interest.
- “I’d want some peace and quiet, if it were me.”
- “I’ll distract them all,” she said, “Use your cloak.”
- “Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!